What have you Done to your Buick TODAY?

Lesabre T-type or other H-body related topics.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

Re: What have you Done to your Buick TODAY?

Postby osseo86coupe on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:04 am

What color is the headliner in the Regal?
-86 LeSabre Limited Coupe
119,189.3 miles and it's in Buick heaven

-87 LeSabre Custom "T" Coupe (Y56 Grand Touring Package)
    Waiting on transmission swap
    171,000 miles and it sits
    Dash Pad from 1985 Park Ave
    Custom Conversion Van style painted graphics

-89 LeSabre T-Type
    205,000 miles
    17" Late Model Bonneville Wheels
    Leaky Front Crank Seal
osseo86coupe

car:: 89 Lesabre T-type

Postby Nathaniel Gjr. on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:27 am

GOt it some fender bolts on teh way and started it up been sitting for a week. planning on makin paint plans.

Nat Gjr. :mtt:
Negative people are fuel for your positivity. 1989 Buick lesabre T-type Garnet Red Red,Black leather Interior, all power, repro rear spoiler,Pontiac Bonneville dual outlet exhaust muffler,new timing gears,kyb GR-2's. One of GM's last great cars. 1998 Buick regal GS sedan Green/Grey, supercharged.
Nathaniel Gjr.
2005 Site Supporter

Postby Donny Lowrida on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:36 pm

The headliner is a whitish/ tan. I believe it's called "Neutral Sand". The carpet was supposed to be the same color, but until I get disgusted with the dyed carpet, it's going to be black. 1982 GN's had a black carpet in some cars, which looked fine with the interior color I've added. No complaints here.

:btt2:
You must be fast, cause I was haulin' a$$ when I passed you!!!
1983 Turbo Regal T-TypeImageImage
1988 Black Buick LeSabre T-Type
GoldT-Type Emblems,Taillight/headlightblackouts.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 250,000 miles.
Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Postby eighttrackdave on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Today I picked up some bulbs for the marker lights & glove box. Also finally addresses an annoying under dash rattle. There is a small, round foam piece that is supposed to be wrapped around the antenna wire at it's union to the radio. It had been removed and was laying inside the lower dash panel. The metal union in the antenna wire had finally worked it's way down to the top of the plastic under dash panel. Creating a perfect storm for noise upon every bump in the road.
It took riding with a passenger to push every plastic panel in motion to determine the source of the noise.
Also installed a new hood ornament.
1989 Lesabre T Type
1955 Ford Thunderbird
eighttrackdave
Advanced Member

Postby 87 PA-Tc on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Have been driving around in the '89 all week. man what a difference in cars! My daily commut is 40 minutes to work, of mixed driving, highway, stop and go traffic, and some less than ideal roads... the '89 feels like the way it should solid and quite. Then again the radio doesnt work, which really lets me focus in on nothing while driving.
Shes been purring very nicely, other than a little wobble from the wheels felt through the steering wheel at high speeds... not the kind of out of balance type feel... its really hard to explain. The struts seem to be leaking oil, so those will soon need to be replaced.
The plan is to drive it around until the '87 is completed in terms of exhaust and gas tank, and then goto town on the '89s suspension.
:wtt: 1988 - L67 Powered
Check out the in depth build at : https://www.proj-build.com/build.php?id=4
87 PA-Tc
2008 Site Supporter

car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Postby osseo86coupe on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Donny- Go to JoAnn Fabrics and see if they have that in headliner material. It's a pretty easy task to do it yourself and I dont think it should be too hard on a T-Top. If you want to save money, don't buy the 3M Super 77 trim adhesive and instead buy Permatex Headliner and Carpet Adhesive. The reviews on amazon all say it's just as good as the 3M stuff.

-89 LeSabre T-Type
    205,000 miles
    Leaky Front Crank Seal
osseo86coupe

Postby Donny Lowrida on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Would Jo-Ann Fabrics have the headliner padding as well? Or does it come bonded to the colored material? There are also two partitions on either side where the roof coat hangers attach the headliner to the roof. So working around those might be a little difficult, since I've never really done it before. I know you just make slices in the material as you make corners, but what if the headliner itself rises up and creates a "pocket" on each side where the hangers go? I think that might be the most difficult area to work with.

Thanks for that info also.

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Postby osseo86coupe on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Yep, the foam comes attached to it. They have a few different colors and that may be one of them. and the LeSabre's also have the hook issue. It isn't that difficult to work around.

-89 LeSabre T-Type
    205,000 miles
    Leaky Front Crank Seal
osseo86coupe

Postby Donny Lowrida on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into pricing it out and see what I can come up with for a cost. If it's not too expensive and I can afford to make mistakes and start over, I'll do it. :D

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Postby 87 PA-Tc on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:21 pm

changed the catalytic converter on my '89 as it snapped off from the down pipe completely. This happened on the high way of all places... man was that loud. Its all buttoned up now and its even quieter than before. The only problem I ran into was one of the down pipe to exhaust manifold bolts pulled put completely. That wasnt the issue, but half the threads were rusted away, which makes me leery about how long it'll last. I tried to match it at the hardware store but the threads are one of those one offs...
anyone know where to get these? or is this a drill and tap type repair?
:wtt: 1988 - L67 Powered
Check out the in depth build at : https://www.proj-build.com/build.php?id=4
87 PA-Tc
2008 Site Supporter

car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Postby Nathaniel Gjr. on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:27 am

Take it from a guy who had to ask for fender bolts off this site, find a donor car or it's drill and tap. These one off parts are few and far between. good luck.

Nathaniel Gjr. :mtt:
Negative people are fuel for your positivity. 1989 Buick lesabre T-type Garnet Red Red,Black leather Interior, all power, repro rear spoiler,Pontiac Bonneville dual outlet exhaust muffler,new timing gears,kyb GR-2's. One of GM's last great cars. 1998 Buick regal GS sedan Green/Grey, supercharged.
Nathaniel Gjr.
2005 Site Supporter

Postby RedWind89 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:56 pm

I was able to get them a few years back from NAPA for like 5.00 a piece. The funny thing is they were listed for a Dodge/Chysler :-? But I walked in with my old ones and they matched them up to those and they worked.
On a another note for my Buick I was able to get someone else to come and look at my A pillars and he said he will able to fix them with out removing the front window and do it in under a day and charge me only $100.00 to do both sides. I know he does good work cause he's the guy who fixed my GF's car after she bounced it off a jersey wall at 55mph and you cant tell its been fixed.
1989 Lesabre T-type, Black 208,xxx miles( Got Sept 2001, sold Aug 2009) :cry:
1989 Lesabre T-type, Red 96,XXX miles ( Got Nov 2008, Holding til it dies) :)
2003 Regal LS, Gray 64,000 miles( Got Mar 2007 Died Oct 18, 2009) :cry:
RedWind89
Advanced Member

Location: 89 Black T-Type,89 Red T-type, Schenectady New York

Postby Donny Lowrida on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:28 am

What did I do to my Buick Today? Sigh...

I "Tried" to straighten out the front wheels. It's not happening in my driveway. So, in a few weeks, I'm going to remove the front spoiler and have it towed to an alignment shop. I'll see about installing new front struts, new front tires and replacing a broken bolt at the driver's side sway-bar retainer, just behind the tranny on the K-Frame.

What sucks is I need a new battery, this one's not holding a charge. I need a new cooling fans and more importantly the ceramic resistor at the fan. Mine is broken and the fan is NOT working. I'm currently in the process of buying replacement parts for my cooling system. I have the right radiator, I need the lines, and of course, said fans. Every time I type something I need, my mind is going Ch-Ching, Ch-Ching, Ch-Ching. I don't even drive the car, and it's still bleeding me dry. :roll:

Something keeps finding it's way into the trunk of the car. I keep finding nests and it's starting to smell like piss in the trunk. AND it's hiding seeds in my driver's seat headrests. You shake the back of the chair and they all fall out. I've got a BAD feeling about this car, but it runs and WANTS to drive...so I keep trying to save her.

One thing at a time...piece by piece...

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Postby Turbo1dr on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Yesterday, I went to the local pick-a-part yard and got a right front fender to replace the factory plastic one. I got some a/c vents (chrome ones) because the original ones want to flop all around. I don't care if they are chromed ones...people will never know they aren't original....except you guys... :P !

Today I had to replace the small plastic piece that snaps onto the window track regulator ball. I also lubed the tracks and now the window goes up much faster. I also had to fabricate a piece of metal to hold on the broken arm rest at the front. :evil: I think they were designed by "Mickey Mouse".

While at the salvage yard I came across a SSEi Bonneville. It was 1998...I think...can't remember. I thought about getting the entire subframe with engine, trans, wiring...etc to swap into my 88 BLT....but didn't. :pat:
Turbo1dr

car:: 88 Lesabre T-type

Postby Turbo1dr on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 am

I've been fabricating a 92 Park Ave gauge cluster in my Turbo Regals dash. I still have to secure the gauge cluster in the Regal's housing but that will be simple enough. RIght now, I just want to see it working!

Turbo1dr

car:: 88 Lesabre T-type

PreviousNext

Return to General