Timing Chain

Lesabre T-type or other H-body related topics.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

CaliforniaT
2004 Site Supporter
2004 Site Supporter

Post by CaliforniaT » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:59 am

Thanks for all the info and concern, I havn't gathered my materials to do this yet, money has gotten real tight until February.

I've got another problem however and I'm debating if I should just have the entire motor rebuilt.

Coolant leaking from the wrong side of the engine!!!
I looked and it's coming from under the MAF? I don't know if it's really the MAF but it looks like a large black bottle cap kinda thing. I couldn't see the exact spot though, I suspect it's where the intake meets the head. So if I'm low on coolant I can hear it hissing air and if I fill it up with coolant I can hear/see it sputter and finally stop hissing as the water fills the gap.

I keep like 3 gallons of water in the car at all times just to make sure it's full and my temp doesn't get high.

Anyone do charity work? :(
'89 Red (mostly) Lesabre T-type. Strut brace otherwise bone stock.

T
Administrator
Administrator
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Post by T » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:11 pm

There are several coolant line by the throttle body, more then likely one is bad. Not uncommon.

-T

ore0690

Post by ore0690 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:39 pm

Actually, same thing happened to me. I was new to this car at the time, as well as new to working on cars in general, so I thought it was leaking from where the intake manifold meets the engine block :roll: But, yeah, it was those two little coolant lines going from the water outlet to the throttle body. You might have to get the throttle body hoses from a Buick dealership. Check the big hose that comes off of the same water outlet as well. I will also suggest checking the condition of the hoses that come off the water pump.
-Oren.

:stt: 1986 LeSabre Limited Coupe.
Given to me by my good friend Ron, Summer 2003.