Dashpad Options

Lesabre T-type or other H-body related topics.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

GSXMEN
Advanced Member

Post by GSXMEN » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:35 am

88T-FL wrote:.

I seem to remember that someone on the board got a dash re-done by justdashes but it was like $700 or $800.
About the best price I've heard from Just Dashes was in the $450 range. They're good......but sure not cheap!!
Scott

88 LeSabre T-Type

www.v8buick.com

Mtl_ttype
New Guy

Post by Mtl_ttype » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:02 pm

Quick question since u guys were already talking about interior work and what not... im missing the entire headliner in my t - type. it was removed when the roll cage was put in and never replaced... i wanna re - do the headliner but i wanna do it myself is it an easy job to do once i find the material? thx...

Tbird
2008 Site Supporter
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Post by Tbird » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:52 pm

Mtl_ttype wrote:Quick question since u guys were already talking about interior work and what not... im missing the entire headliner in my t - type. it was removed when the roll cage was put in and never replaced... i wanna re - do the headliner but i wanna do it myself is it an easy job to do once i find the material? thx...
You will need an original cardboard to frame the fabric you put on. Also you would need some special glue. 3M makes a fabric spray that would do the job. If you've never done anything like this before I recommend you get it done professionally. If the glue used is not the right type, not enough glue used or too much glue used then you will have a big mess. Too much glue will make the glue seep through the fabric. Not enough will make the fabric come off the cardboard the next time it's humid or contractions with hot/cold.
tbird@live.ca
1987 BLT :mtt: with no rust, clean and 517k kms / 321k miles.
1987 BLT :stt: rust free from Florida and restored with 77 kms / 48k miles.
1988 BLT :stt: RIP. Spare parts car for the 87 BLT. Had 490k kms / 304k miles.