Front End Bra

Lesabre T-type or other H-body related topics.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

calenatar
Advanced Member
car:: Other GM

Post by calenatar » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:17 am

leave that on there and say goodbye to your nice new paint. trust me on this one

jamey
95 Impala SS AKA the PuniSSher
383 LT1 550hp N/A beast.

luvgm
New Guy

plastic for the front of hood

Post by luvgm » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:41 am

I am new to the site but I am not new to cars. I worked in the auto body industery for many years. Do not work in the industery now because of medical problems. But when in the industry we used the plastic that T is talking about In many areas of the car (ex. Hoods, headlights, doglegs and any other are that you want protected form rock chips) the nice thing about the plastic is when it gets old, from many rock chips, it can be heated with a heat gun removed and reapplied with out damage to your finish. One thing that is nice to use it on is the headlights it blocks it from the chips that can case severe rock chips that damage the headlights. But like they said in the other posts when you use a bra they cause more damage than they do protecting your car. I refinished alot of hoods for this reason :cry:
Certified I-car technican (steering and suspension, air bag, paint, frame, body, etc.)Certified PPG paint technican
Certified Martain senor paint technican
1987 lesabre, 1988 lesabre, 1991 lesabre.1970 nova, 1989 k1500, 1982 280 zx 1994 GMC ext